Search With Enterprise
Enterprise Fun Facts
10. Enterprise has been designed to make it easier for students to find library resources.
9. It uses the industry's first "fuzzy-logic" technology.
8. Multiple languages are available.
7. Has a built-in spelling checker.
6. Can fix prefix/suffix mistakes.
5. Is mobile device and smart-phone friendly.
4. Has nothing to do with the starship, aircraft carrier or space shuttle of the same name.
3. Lets you text the call number of an item to your phone.
2. Links directly to eBooks and streaming video resources.
...and the number one fun fact about the new Enterprise search interface:
1. Just using Enterprise can raise your IQ by 10 points.*
*Note: Not scientifically verified...yet.
The Writing Center
The Writing Center provides professional English tutors that can help with writing problems, such as structuring papers, writing essays and research papers, and writing mechanics. The Writing Center is located in the southeast corner (bottom floor) of the Paul Elsner Library.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, visit The Writing Center website.
What is "Enterprise"?
The new catalog search interface for the Mesa Community College Libraries. It makes it easier to search for books, ebooks, and video content. Use it whenever you need to find any of these types of resources in the library.
Enterprise: A Better Way to Search
Call or Visit the MCC Libraries
Call or visit the MCC libraries during regular hours.
Library at Southern & Dobson
1833 West Southern Avenue
Mesa, AZ 85202
Library at Red Mountain
7110 East McKellips Road
Mesa, AZ 85215
Finding Books in the Library
The MCC libraries, like most academic libraries, use the Library of Congress Classification system for cataloging books. This is a subject focused classification system utilizing letters and numbers in the book call number.
Example call number: QH360.2 R53 2007
LC Classification Subject Headings:
A - GENERAL WORKS
B - PHILOSOPHY. PSYCHOLOGY. RELIGION
C - AUXILIARY SCIENCES OF HISTORY
D - WORLD HISTORY AND HISTORY OF EUROPE, ASIA, AFRICA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, ETC.
E - HISTORY OF THE AMERICAS
F - HISTORY OF THE AMERICAS
G - GEOGRAPHY. ANTHROPOLOGY. RECREATION
H - SOCIAL SCIENCES
J - POLITICAL SCIENCE
K - LAW
L - EDUCATION
M - MUSIC AND BOOKS ON MUSIC
N - FINE ARTS
P - LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
Q - SCIENCE
R - MEDICINE
S - AGRICULTURE
T - TECHNOLOGY
U - MILITARY SCIENCE
V - NAVAL SCIENCE
Z - BIBLIOGRAPHY. LIBRARY SCIENCE. INFORMATION RESOURCES (GENERAL)