- 842 million people in the world do not have enough to eat
- Poor nutrition causes nearly half (45%) of deaths in children under five -
3.1 million children each year
- 66 million primary school-age children attend classes hungry across the developing world.1
1 "World Food Programme Fighting Hunger Worldwide." Hunger. World Food Programme, n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2014. <http://www.wfp.org/hunger>.
A Message from Student Life and Leadership: Canned Food & Non-Perishable Food Items Needed
Items to consider:
- Canned Fruit
- Tomato/Pasta Sauce
- Hamburger/Tuna Helper
- Powder Milk/Broth Powder
- Disposable Utensils (sealed package)
- Toiletries (new)
- Almond Milk (non-refrigerated)
- Anything that will make a quick lunch on campus or an evening meal for a family at home.
- Individual sizes are preferred (i.e. cereal), but all are accepted.
Thank you for your support in filling the empty shelves and also for referring those in need to our area.