For more information on creating an account, click on the "Creating an ILLiad Account" tab above.
For information on navigating ILLiad, policies, and other information, use the tabs above.
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is MCC’s web based Interlibrary Loan system. Through ILLiad you may request articles, books and other materials that the MCCCD Libraries do not have available. ILLiad provides information on the status of all requests. This service is available to current students, faculty and staff.
What can I request through interlibrary loan?
You may have a total of FIVE requests at any one time.
The following materials cannot be requested:
- Items MCC already has in its book collection or in its databases.
- Textbooks for classroom use.
- Entire issues of periodicals.
The following materials may be difficult to borrow:
- Rare or old items
- Newly published items
- Theses and dissertations
- Genealogical materials
- Audio/visual materials
- Popular books/videos
1. Be thorough - Before we can ask another library to share its time and materials with us, we must have exhausted the resources of our own system. Reference librarians will help you use this library to your best advantage, and can assist you with identifying what you need to request on ILLiad.
2. Be accurate - partial (or incorrect) citations are virtually impossible to locate. The more information, the better the chances of completing the loan. The best way of searching for information regarding your material is to search through www.worldcat.org. Adding information such as OCLC# and ISBN# along with the author, title, etc. will result in a faster loan request.
3. Be patient - It can take a couple weeks or more for delivery. Plan ahead. You must determine your needs in advance, and time your requests both to allow for delays and to avoid receiving more than you can use in the time allowed for loans.
4. Be prompt - Check your phone for messages and email for when your materials are ready. Pick them up as soon as you can. Items borrowed from outside the District are generally only loaned for the standard two weeks and then must be returned. Renewals are usually not possible on these materials.
Needing Further Assistance or Have a Question
Contact Victoria Soule
L: Mesa (Southern/Dobson) Library
1st Floor, Circulation