What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is MCC’s web based Interlibrary Loan system. Through ILLiad you may request articles, books and other materials. ILLiad provides information on the status of all requests. This service is available to current students, faculty and staff.
To login to Illiad or to create an account, click here. Illiad can also be found in the Library's catalog by clicking on the Interlibrary Loan link on the gray bar.
For more information on creating an account, click on the Creating an ILLiad Account tab above.
For information on navigating ILLiad, policies, and other information, use the tabs above.
What can I request through interlibrary loan?
You may have a total of five requests outstanding (checked out, requested, in transit, etc) at any one time.
The following materials may not be requested:
• Items MCC already has in its book collection or in its databases.
• Textbooks for classroom use.
• Books copyrighted or dated prior to 1920.
• Entire issues of periodicals.
• Rare books or non-book materials.
• E-books or e-documents/articles.
The following materials may be difficult to borrow:
• Rare or old items
• Newly published items
• Theses and dissertations
• Genealogical materials
• Audio/visual materials
• Popular books/videos
1. Be thorough - Before we can ask another library to share its time and materials with us, we must have exhausted the resources of our own system. Reference librarians will help you use this library to your best advantage, and can assist you with identifying what you need to request on ILL.
2. Be accurate - partial (or incorrect) citations are virtually impossible to locate. The more information, the better the chances of completing the loan. You will find it valuable to keep careful notes of where you found your original references to needed books and articles. We may need to furnish a potential lending library with your source, and you may need to refer back to it. Keeping a record of each ILL request will aid you to plan, follow up, and avoid duplication.
3. Be patient - It can take a couple weeks or more for delivery. Plan ahead. You must determine your needs in advance, and time your requests both to allow for delays and to avoid receiving more than you can use in the time allowed for loans.
4. Be prompt - pick up your materials as soon as you can. Items borrowed from outside the District are generally only loaned for the standard two weeks and then must be returned. Renewals are usually not possible on these materials.
Contact Victoria Soule at 480-461-7677.