Open access resources are databases and journals that are searchable and accessible to anyone via an internet connection. (They are freely accessible and do not require a paid subscription). Full text content for some of these resources may be limited.
1. PubMed - PubMed comprises more than 23 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
2. Google Scholar - Provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources, including theses, books, abstracts and articles.
3. DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) - Categorized, searchable links to free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals.
MCC subscribes to a variety of subscription databases. Access to these databases is available to MCC students, faculty and staff. To view the comprehensive list of all library databases MCC subscribes to, choose the eResources link from the library home page. The databases listed below will be your best resources for researching on health and medicine topics. (off-campus access requires an MEID and password):
1. Medline-the largest biomedical/health article database in the world.
2. Academic Search Premier - a multidisciplinary scholarly database with coverage of biological and medical sciences in both scholarly and popular sources.
3. Academic One File - a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed database with coverage of medicine, science and technology.
4. Science Full Text Select - an applied science and technology database that includes coverage of the medical sciences.
6. ScienceDirect - search and access the scholarly collection of Elsevier science journals, books and reference works.
7. CINAHL Plus with FullText - a nursing and allied health database.
8. Psychology & Behavioral Sciences - search over 500 journals in the field of psychology and behavioral sciences.
9. PsycArticles - Search over 100 journals from the American Psychological Association (APA) in the field of behavioral sciences.
10. PsycInfo - Indexes over 2,500 journals in the fields of behavioral sciences and mental health.
11. Health Source Consumer - Access consumer health magazines, reference works, and health pamphlets.
12. Health Source Nursing/Academic - Access peer-reviewed nursing and allied health content.
13. Health & Wellness Resource Center - Access a variety of consumer health resources including reports, news and magazine articles, videos, and more!