Integrating Library eResources into Teaching & Learning
This guide describes how to create persistent links in your learning management system or course materials to the Libraries' e-content such online databases, online periodicals, specific articles in online periodicals, e-books, and streaming videos.
In Canvas, you can add persistent links anywhere you can create an external link including in Pages, Assignments, Discussion Boards, Announcements, etc. To create a link, open the tool where you want to create the link and choose to edit it.
1. Type the title of the resource (article, database, ebook, streaming video...) you want to link to.
2. Highlight the title and click on the Link icon.
3. Enter the persistent link into the box that pops up and click on Insert Link.
4. Click on Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.
5. The link should now be active! When you click on it, it should pop open.